TERMS & CONDITIONS
For your clarity and ours we have some simple terms and conditions regarding your booking and your stay. Please read them carefully before booking; when you submit your booking form you are signifying that you’ve read and that you accept everything written below.
- Check in is 4:00 pm; departure is by 10:00 am
- The house and all appliances, heating, plumbing, and electrical systems will be in good working order and the cost of any repairs will be borne by the landlord unless due to the negligence of the renter.
- Half your rental fee is due when placing your reservation. To maintain the reservation, the full amount of the rent must be received 6 weeks prior to the date of occupancy. I will send you a reminder ahead of time.
- Should you cancel the reservation for any reason, we will retain all rent received, unless we are able to re-rent the house at the same rate for the same period of time.
- The renter will be responsible for all damages, breakage, or loss to the premises, except for normal wear and tear. The renter will replace or repair anything broken or lost.
- Any breakage, spillage, staining or other damage must be notified to us straight away and not left until your departure day.
- Personal property insurance is the responsibility of the tenant. The homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
- No sublet is permitted.
- People other than those in the Guest party set forth in the rental agreement may not stay overnight in the property. If you are planning to have “day guests,” please let the owner know how many, as the owner reserves the right to limit the number of guests. Any other person in/on the property is the sole responsibility of the Guest.
- Pets are not allowed on the property.
- To maintain a smoke free environment for all who stay at WILDFLOWER COTTAGE, we have a strict no-smoking policy. If there is any evidence, within our sole discretion of smoking of cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, pipes, or other substances in the house, the renter will be held responsible for all damage caused by the smoking including, but not limited to stains, burns, odors and removal of debris.
- You must leave your accommodation in the same state of general order in which you found it on your arrival. That doesn’t mean you need to do a spring clean, but it does mean that it needs to be basically clean and tidy so that we can prepare it to the same high standard for the next guests within the limited time available.
- You must look after your accommodation during your stay. This means that you must keep all furniture, fittings and effects (inside and outside the property) in the same state of repair as at the start of your stay.
- The landlord retains the right to enter the premise at reasonable times, and upon reasonable notice, for reasonable and necessary purposes.
- We’ll do our best to ensure that all advertised services are available during your stay,but occasionally life has other ideas and things go awry, through nobody’s fault. We’ll move heaven and earth and do everything we can to rectify things.
- We cannot be held responsible for any interruption or breakdown in services due to circumstances outside our control.
- All guests must be at least 25 years of age.
- Accommodation is available by reservation only and may be occupied by a maximum of 4 persons.
CANCELLATION BY US
In the very unlikely event that we have to cancel your stay with us (for example, severe illness or other emergency situation, damage to the house by fire, storm etc, or any other circumstances) we will of course refund your entire deposit. Our liability to you is limited to the amount you have paid us. We can’t be held liable for losses you may incur in respect of plane and/or other travel or alternative accommodation, although we will of course do our best to help you find alternative accommodation.
We very strongly recommend that you take out adequate travel insurance to cover yourself against cancellation and other possible losses such as loss of valuables.
We cannot be held liable for loss however caused.
You may pay your deposit via:
• Cheque issued through a Canadian bank
• Interac e-transfer from a Canadian bank
• All travellers can pay by credit card through Paypal (I will send you an invoice through my PayPal account)
The balance of the cost of your rental must be paid six weeks prior to arrival.