There was a time, not so very long ago, when vegetarians and non meat-eaters would have a very lean time in this part of Nova Scotia. The good news is that things are fast improving and many restaurants – especially those that have opened more recently – now offer vegetarian and even vegan options, so it’s at last possible to eat out without having to resort only to salads and potatoes. Here’s just a sample, though again, most all of the area restaurants are open to requests.
- Bistro East – Basil Tomato Soup (vg), Portobello Mushroom Burger (vg,v), Vegetable Pizza (vg, v), Pastas
- Restaurant Compose – Salads, Vegetarian Risotto
- Leo’s Cafe – Vegetarian soups and sandwiches
- Annapolis Royal Golf Club – Vegetarian curry
- Myrtle & Rosie’s – Vegetarian soups, sandwiches and pastas